Saturday, January 21, 2012

Natural Deodorant and Secret Scent Expresions Va Va Vanilla

I have been on a quest to find a natural deodorant that actually works. Specifically, it's  not like your regular classic deodorant that you'd find on a shelf at  your local health and beauty store. Those are deodorants and antiperspirants all in one, working to dismiss bad odors and keeping you from sweating, the body's natural way of cooling down.

 The natural deodorant keeps you from doing just that- smelling of an odor! A common misconception is that it will keep you from sweating also....it doesn't!  Sweat is actually odorless, but when it starts to decompose and is attacked by bacteria, the smell can be unpleasant.

I haven't found the perfect natural deodorant just yet, so I've been trying out different ones and racking up a huge bill in shipping charges. I am currently at the end of my last purchase, which was from rainwaterbotnials on etsy.com and can be found here.  I'ts just ok.  The scent is a combination of a feminine powdery tone with manly notes of vanilla musk. It tends get get really hard and dried out if you leave the cap off even for a few hours, so I always have to be sure to cap it tightly.


SOOOO...I did NOT  want to smell like this particular scent for one more day. I immediately had to go down to Walmart and purchase my favorite go to UNnatural deodorant that I fell in love with about two years ago- Secret Scent Expressions' VaVaVanilla!


This deodorant works so well with my body. It goes on smooth and smells lovely. I don't sweat often, but I often  smell this deodorant working hard when I THINK I may be sweating. The only reservation I have about it is that it is very hard to wash off. Many times I have gotten out of the shower only to find that my deodorant remains working strong as ever. It makes me wonder sometimes if my soap is even working to remove dirt I can't see.

Needless to say, this deodorant is natural, but it gets the job don't. I will definitely be reaching for it until my next order of natural deodorant arrives.

I post on why I use natural deodorant is coming soon......

No comments:

Post a Comment