Wednesday, April 11, 2012

•ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ• Henna Me Silk 4~11~2012 •ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ•

I was hoping to do My henna Tx's at least every two weeks, but with the addition of other ayurveda treatments I was thinking it was quite unnecessary. It seems that I have been close to target of one henna treatment a month. This is okay, but considering the amount of henna I would need for my new growth to reach saturation, once a month just isn't enough. 

To simplify what I just said: Ayurveda, at any level, is excellent for my hair AND scalp. But the permanent and permeable hair  'jacket' if you will, that is obtained from multiple applications is characteristic of henna specifically. So,  no matter what other great ayurveda treatment I  perform throughout the month, there isn't anything like henna itself.

The build up of it until you reach that saturation/ transformation point happens at LEAST  after FOUR applications. So let's do the math: On average hair grows about a half of an inch a month. It would take FOUR months for this half inch to even begin to become fully saturated, not even including the other 1.5 inches that you have grown and need to be hennaed 1,2, or 3 more times. So increasing  henna treatments to 2x a month will ensure that at least a good portion (an inch) of your new growth is getting as much henna as possible to reach full saturation and can be protected sooner ( in 2 months, not four). I really hope this makes sense!

Ok, so enough math for today! I did my henna. The mix was a bit runny and I did not like it. I added a bit of kalpi tone  because I am getting rid of it-Sukesh, my other affair after henna, is taking its' place. Although the mixture was VERY  unfavorable, my results were nevertheless incredible...... as always!

My recipe this time was
A dish of henna
a dab of coconut milk
a dollop of coconut oil
 a dash of honey
a dribble of kalpi tone
  a dip of coconut oil
and a drip of love
= I didn't measure a thing!
Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment