Saturday, April 28, 2012

•ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ• Henna Me Silk 4~28~2012 •ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ•

I have some Moroccan henna left over from a bulk purchase over a year ago. Since every one I know that  uses henna is now using the Nupur, I had no one to give it to and I did not want to throw it out. 

While have haven't yet experienced any henna quite as moisturizing as the nupur, I haven't really experienced any others with the addition of other herbs. So today I wanted to make the moroccan henna experience a comparable  one.  

I wanted to mix the henna with amla but since I didn't have any I added some Brahmi Powder. 
this was my recipe:

2 T Hesh Brahmi P owder
1 Cup Coconut Milk

Mixed the powders in with the warm coconut milk, then added the following ingerdients:

1 T Aloe Vera Juice
1 T  Coconut oil
1 T Honey
Moroccan-Brahmi Mixture before adding last 3 ingredients
I will probably only add a teaspoon of these last ingredients next time. It wasn't runny at all, I just like it a bit thicker. The application  went smoother than expected. I did moisturized and detangled my hair hours before, so maybe this had something to do with it. 

I let my mixture sit for 3 hours before adding the last 3 ingredients (warmed for less than a minute in the microwave) and the henna in my hair for 3-4 hours. I rinsed with warm water and my hair was EXTREMELY  moisturized. I mean more than with the nupur. Questions began to flood my mind about which ingredient did this? was it the brahmi which is said to be very conditioning, or the marshmallow root which give a lot of slip? It had to be one of these two, sine I used the other ingredients before and didn't get results half as good as this.

I did not  cowash the henna out with a conditioner, I just  made sure the water  ran clear after rinsing and applied the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Conditioner that I've been meaning to try. I'll do an update on my results soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment