Monday, September 3, 2012

Approaching Protein Overload and Sukesh Time Baby!




I recently became so carried away cowashing my hair with the HE Honey I'm Strong Conditioner that I totally overlooked that it was a protein, hence the word strongSmiley. And guess what? Yes, I am protein sensitive! It felt moisturizing thanks to the honey part I guess, but it felt somewhat stale, like an open bag of chips on a humid day; my hair behaved well, except that it felt weird, looked and felt  like it needed to be moisturized more often, and I began loosing more strands during my cowashing and detangling processes. Let's face it- I was approaching protein overload and fast. Luckily I caught it before I had to undergo a series of moisturizing treatments and babying my hair back to health.

How did I do it? I used my 'Sukesh Time Baby!' treatment, adding organic cocao and marshmallow root powder  for that extra moisture . After the sukesh tretment I turned to the Cantu Shea Butter Deep Treatment Mask to really make sure my hair was going to recover from this  protein imbalance. I will do a thorough review on this another time. I then followed up with the  Organix macadamia nut oil conditioner to cowash out the deep treatment.

SO what's the conclusion? I was left with buttery soft hair that was also strong and I have never felt better about needing to restore my tresses back to original health and believe me, I could not be more ecstatic!
Smiley pic provived by bellamumma.com

No comments:

Post a Comment