Sunday, February 12, 2012

•ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ• Henna Me Silk 2~10~12 •ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ•


I believe it's been a little over a month  since my last henna- not good since I've been aiming to do one at least once every two weeks. This is why I prefer to just do 3-4 in a matter of a week's time- then I don't have to worry for another month or two.

Anyhow, it was a very GOOOD henna treatment ONCE AGAIN. I think I've really got this henna thing down pat! Ive done at least 30 over the past 2 years, and I'm talking at least! I'm sure I've done more. 

Well what were my measurements? I used 1 cup of warm coconut milk, 1/4 cup nupur henna , then added another 1/8 nore cup because it didn't appear to be enough.

After four hours of letting it sit, to 1/8 cup of kalpi Tone I added 2.5 tbs of coconut oil ( way too much because I eyed it only), 2 tbs of honey, and 1/8 cup of 24/7 moist conditioner from hairveda. I warmed this concoction for 1 minute in the microwave ( 1 minute to be exact, and BURNT IT-  it still came out fine).

I added the above mixture to the henna already at room temperature and  a creamy smooth pudding transformed before my eyes! 

I was only suppose to let this sit for 3 hours, however I became wrapped up at the Nail Salon.... 5 hours and $76 dollars later  I rushed home to rinse it out. I used the  Suave Professionals Color Care Conditioner. This entire process was very moisturizing. The entire time I kept asking myself what in the WORLD was $76 dollars? Would you believe how much nupur henna, conditioner, and kalpi tone I could have purchased for that amount??? ugggh! And then the guilt kicked in, although I haven't seen a Nail Salon in over two years!

My main focus for today was to document my henna and progress.

I'd really like to get my henna measurements down  to an exact science, or just about. This way I don't have worry about storing extra henna, or having left over coconut milk. Instead, I can take out my measuring cups, mix, apply, and the rest is history. It's already a semi- messy procedure so who wants to worry about transferring the henna to a smaller bowl, covering it, contemplating on when the next henna will be in  order to figure out if I will freeze the coconut milk or refrigerate it and so forth. I did achieve a perfect amount with nothing left over so I would call this Tx a great on if it weren't for too much coconut oil. It didn't hurt, but it didn't help either. It appeared to be oil that wouldn't mix as if the mixture was already saturated.

•ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ• Well CHEERS  to another WONDER'FLY' SILKY HENNA! •ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ•









No comments:

Post a Comment