Sunday, February 5, 2012

Quick Aveeno Nourish + Moisture


I went to Walgreens last night and decided to purchase the Aveeno Nourish + Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner since it works so well for my 8 month and because the Leave in is just that great. I must also mention that last night was the end of a buy 1 get 1 50% off sale. I also purchased 2 of the Nuetrogena triple moisture silk leave ins just a few days before and blogged about m &s with it last night.

I decided against prepooing with coconut oil since my hair was in decent condition the night before. This has never been a reason not to prepoo, but I said 'What the heck? This stuff was so moiturizing in my son's hair, why would need to prepoo???' 

so I hopped in the shower and shampooed and conditioned. The shampoo was a nice creamy lather and would be a nice detangler.I shampooed twice with it, only working on my roots as you're supposed to do when shampooing.  It was pretty moisturizing compared to most store bought shampoos,  but I've tried better. The smell was a bit strong, like I was removing a relaxer for a few seconds, then it died down.

  The conditioner was an interesting consistency, more like lotion I'd say. I left that on for  5  minutes after rinsing out the first application of conditioner which I kept in for about 1 minute. I covered my hair with a shower cap, rinsed, then proceeded with my ACV.  After rinsing out the condition my hair was moisturized but I was not impressed. It was OK.... JUST OK. After using ACV  my hair is usually transformed into  somtething even more moisturized. This was not the case.

I went out to Kohl's with the family for a while  to catch a few sales and now I am home about to get back into the shower. .... My hair is limp, somewhat dry and in desperate need of a deep conditioner.

This Aveeno combination is dead on for my son's hair but for my 3c/4a texlaxed fine hair- I DONT THINK SO! I should give it another try, letting the conditioner sit longer and doing a prepoo and stuff, but do I need to? I mean really, if this stuff was THAT  amazing I would have been WOWED  long before attemping these extra magic tricks trying to make it work. 

If it weren't for it being so gentle on my infant, I would probably not buy this again because I like to use things the entire family can use. The Leave in is far better and an instant grab when I need to refresh my hair.

I must admit that I have been eying the Say Yes line. The Say Yes to Tomatoes was  on sale for about $7.19, originally $8.99 @ Walgreens, but the Say Yes to Carrots is what I've been itching to try. Choices, choices...what's a gal to do??

No comments:

Post a Comment