Sunday, May 20, 2012

•ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ• Henna Me Silk 5~20~2012 •ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ•

I purchased the Jamila henna from hennasooq.com,and this was the first henna I have even used. Unfortunately I was chasing a sale and bought the wrong one! I was so eager to get it cheaper that I didn't realize I purchased the alternate Jamila HENNA FOR HAIR when I intended to get the BAQ, or Body Art Quality.

To make a long story Short, the Jamila henna for hair is from a different part of the henna leaf, yielding a lesser dye content, doesnt have a date on the package, it's not as finely sifted, and the packaging is clear/see through which doesn't preserve the henna  as well as the silver packaging as the BAQ.

Well... that's the one  I got, and  I didn't realize it until I went to open it. It's been a year at least since I used it, but I didn't forget that silver package I used to get.


Initially, I intended on buying the Moroccan henna which they were out of, and I needed to place the order in a hurry.  So I went with what I know- the Jamila. I wanted to purchase some Yemeni and well, but again, I was RUSHING!


Recipe:

5T Jamila henna for hair
2/3 cup Aloe vera juice
1T ACV- *will  change this to 1t

Let the mixture sit for 15 hours, really only needed 12 but I was busy when the 12th hour came around.

before applying I added the below ingredients

1t   marshmallow root- *will change to 1T next time
1T cocoveda oil
1t  honey
1t  aloe vera juice- I toggle between the juice and gel, which ever is organic and on sale, no difference


My thoughts:
This was a very creamy mixture and I felt that I was stretching it and needed to add more henna next time.  I will also add coconut milk after letting it sit to reconstitute it instead of the 1t of aloe vera, or maybe I will do half coconut milk, half aloe vera.  The dye content this mixture had to offer really blew me away (which brings me to my next post about the Nupur henna). One thing I did forget was how rich the color is; it slightly stained my skin around the hairline, and I could see the abrupt, but beautiful difference in color. 

I'd like to take note of the importance of waiting for the proper dye release, especially if you are using the henna for color: the More color you get, the greater the penetrable coat that will build on your hair ( from my experience).

More info about the difference between these two hennas can be found on hennasooq.com
This is the henna for Hair in the clear cellophane wrapping.



This is the BAQ henna in the SILVER package.

No comments:

Post a Comment