Friday, June 15, 2012

•ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ• Henna Me Silk 6~10~2012 •ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ•

I did a henna Sunday and it went as expected. It was very late so I did not get to dc. I ended up dcing the next day, but for some reason I needed more moisture this week...a sukesh perhaps? I used the Jamila, same as last time. I mixed up so much that I saved some in the refrigerator for this up coming treatment this week. The picture  below shows what I stored it in.
 


 If you have been following my blog you already  know that Nupur used to be my choice of henna brand, but it refused to 'build' on my strands. I Love Moroccan henna, but  my supplier says it's been tied up in customs and I haven't been able to purchase any. So, I have been using Jamila... You can't go wrong with Jamila, except that it drastically darkens my hair and gives it a purplish/ auburn highlight in the sun. This is OK, but NOT favorable. I have been adding amla which has toned it down and converted it to a warmer brown.

Then entire week my hair has been thirsty thirsty thirsty, and I have yet to give it what it needs. So tonight (Friday), I mixed up some sukesh and I am sitting with it in now. I have been so busy this week and my hair has suffered because of it. I can't once remember taking the time to really moisturize and seal properly; Instead, I spritzed it and ran some leave-in through it and tied it up. This is not too bad,  but because my hair was dry, being this careless could cause a major setback. Fortunately, this time around I have escaped such a fate.I have been so good lately with keeping up with treatments and moisture. I could not say that  this week and I am extremely sad about that- it's just too easy to neglect the hair and I fell for it :-(

 I have been looking at another herbal conditioning hair powder  that a friend has recommended, as well as some  more natural deep conditioners. I will blog about it once I get a chance to use it  for a while, if I decide to go with it.

Other than that I haven't been myself lately. No wonder my hair has suffered! I did purchase some body products that should lift me up. I had a really bad headache today and interestingly enough it is gone, after doing this sukesh treatment. Some ayurvedic herbs are said to contain migraine-relieving properties and this hold true for the sukesh! Don know how long I will keep it in, my it's been at least 40 minutes. I don't know how long it took for the headache to dissipate, but it's gone and I'm just thankful for that! 

Healthy Henna Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment