Sunday, October 7, 2012

•ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ• Henna Me Silk 10~4~2012 •ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ•

I did a henna  this past Tuesday and I really needed to come back strong from the last terrible henna gloss experience. I wanted an  overflow of dye release and didn't want to wonder if the henna that was sitting in my hair for hours was just a vain sequence of mundane steps that yielded less than the least of desirable results.So this  time I pulled out my trusted Jamila henna that would give me everything opposite of that! - An explosion of dye that wrapped provocatively around every strand, making it's presence know in any degree of sunlight!!!!!

This time I mixed up an entire box. I used warmed aloe vera  to mix it up until it became creamy. After letting it sit for at least 10 hours, a split the mix in half and stored the rest in the freezer for an even better dye release. To the mix that I was preparing to use, I added a Tbs of cocoveda oil and then some coconut milk mixed in with a 1-2 tbs of marshmallow root ( believe 2 Tbs) and viola! You've got a moisturizing henna mix! I left the mix in for 4 hours .


Jamila never lets me down. My only reservation about it is that I do not care for the color it yields. Someone once described it as a cool plum color, but only in sun light. That sounds about right. It does darken my hair, and being that I am lighter in color, I have never favored dark hair on lighter, paler skin ( I do get pale in the winter). My natural hair color is closer to a medium brown, a number 4 or 6 if you've ever bought a pack a hair- hehe! I don't mind the darker brown too much, but I do mind the plum. I don't care for it. The darker color does appear to make the hair healthier looking. I always get questions like "What color did you dye your hair?" or "I thought you said you'd never dye your hair?" or " I thought you didn't like dark hair on lighter skin." But these questions always  prepare  for a great segue-way into my hennaing experience ;-)


I froze the rest of the henna and will  use it today to do a another henna. I will write a post on how I stored and thawed the henna.


No comments:

Post a Comment