Monday, October 8, 2012

•ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ• Henna Me Silk 10~8~2012 •ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ•

Today I did a henna using the Jamila henna I mixed up last  week and froze.  I lined the container with cling wrap to make for a less messy mixture and it worked beautifully. 

This time around I did not add anything to mix. I purchased two moisturizing hair masks from sally's and I plan to see which one will stand up to the henna I am doing today.

With nothing added to my henna I expected it to be a  little drying. It wasn't. My hair rinsed clean and smooth after two cowashes with Trader Joe's Nourish and Spa Condish... Nice! 


Here is what the henna looked like after letting it thaw in the refrigerator from the freezer overnight.
 

I did a spot test on my skin when the henna was cold. I got deep stain on my palm after letting it sit for 30 secs. I usually get this kind of stain within seconds of letting it sit on my skin.

 


Once I warmed the henna up though I got the second stain on the pointer finger after letting it sit for 5 seconds. This is what I was looking for to make sure my freezing process worked.

 




 I scrapped the  henna out of the cling wrap and into my henna bowl. I heated it up indirectly by placing the metal bowl over very warm, almost boiling water into the yellow bowl. I took a shower ( for 15 mins while the henna sat) and washed my hair ( not clarified) with two moisturizing shampoos-  dessert essence coconut shampoo and renpure organics argan shampoo. 





I ended up leaving it in for only 3 hours, as  the back of my head became extremely itchy.. seems to be the case with that Jamila!  My scalp was definitely stained to I do not think this Short amount of time mattered too much.

Please stay tuned to check out my next review on the two moisturizing hair masks from sally's.  Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment