Friday, October 12, 2012

Shea Moisture Organic Hair Thickening Growth Milk Yucca & Aloe

Organic Hair Thickening Growth Milk, Yucca & Aloe 


I purchased the Shea moisture Thickening Growth Milk  for a few reasons: I wanted an alternative to what I was already using ( the cantu shea coconut cream is great but I  can't stand being dependent on one product- I like to have options), the 'thickening' part sounds very appealing for a fine-haired gal who does everything from henna to texlaxing to optimize thickness, and lastly I wanted something that smelled nice that I could use in rotation and was easily accessible .

With all of that said, I purchased this for it's full amount at Walgreens. The smells isn't too earthy; it's definitely light and not annoying in any way. It is neutral in the sense that it doesn't bother me, but soothes/calms in a hippie kinda way. It is very creamy, but thick enough to where is isn't runny. It somewhat reminds me of Darcy's Botanicals Transitioning cream as far as consistency goes.


 I applied this to lightly spritzed hair ( with rose water) and sealed with amla oil. This growth milk was extremely light to my surprise! My hairs wasn't weighed down like with the cantu coconut cream and since I tend to be a bit heavy handed at times with my products, this was very forgiving. Although my strands are fine I don't mind applying my moisturizer in a good amount since I don't wear my hair down or out. I almost always wear it pinned  up, so once it dries from the moisturizing and sealing process it is good to go.


Once it is dry I will wrap it  ( my hair is pretty straight at the moment) and place a satin scar over it.  My hair is extremely soft, silky smooth, detangled, lightweight, and the smells compliments the Smokey nut scent of the amla oil very well. As far as my first impression goes I am pleased. I also scoped that my cantu shea butter coconut cream whose price has been skyrocketing by a dollar for the past 3 months  at my local beauty supply can now be found right by this growth milk in Walgreens for a steady, lower price!


One thing that is bitter sweet about the product is that it comes with a protective seal which prevents people from being able to tamper or sample the product, but then you don't get to smell it before you purchase it. It's really not a big deal, but just something to think about. Also, I cannot project/predict in any way if this will last me a long time. There's just no way I can tell at the moment.
I thought to myself how  I really have to be WoWed by this product in order to purchase it again. It is almost the same price as the coconut cream  and half the size. So far so good! I have yet to tell how long my hair will be moisturized and if it will eventually begin to feel thicker. If it holds up to its' promises I can definitely see myself purchasing the enire line to try out over at Tar Jay's  (Target)! I'll be back with a review very soon! In the meantime Healthy Hair blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment